Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Positivity: Connections Matter

In my post yesterday about my basic philosophy, I listed being positive as being a basic part of my success with my battle against PCOS. I really my positive attitude has helped me find success. My doctor has often said that he feels I am upbeat about my condition and that it really helps me "conquer." The last doctor's appointment I had, he said that he could see my positivity slipping and so I really took note of that and concentrated on the postives in my life.

As I reflected, I realized that being positive often stems from the people who are my "rocks" and stand with me through everything. My friends and family are absolutely incredible. I have so many unique relationships that really provide me with the stability I need to make it through.

I suggest that everyone sit down and reflect on who the people are that help them get through. Knowing you have an emotional foundation to fall back on when you are struggling is important. Who are your "rocks?"

These are mine:
~My daughter, Elaina, is probably the number one "rock" for me. She provides me with inspiration that cannot be expressed in words. I want to be there for her, so I have to make my health a priority.

~My husband and best friend, Ron, is also incredible. He has stuck with me through the mood swings, the ups and downs, the pressures of fertility issues, the weight gain and it all. I really feel it is as hard on him as it is on me.
This is my husband, Ron, my daughter, Elaina and me on one of our many adventures.

~My mother is always there to tell me, "Remember, it could be worse, you are alive and have so much going for you." It helps to remember that it can ALWAYS be worse, even in our darkest hour.

~My sister and my OTHER best friend, Annie, is and will always be there for me. She is there to tell me that even though it can be worse, that it just plain nasty for anyone to deal with. She is also my medical link---she is a genetic counselor and will often times send me medical papers and information with the latest updates on PCOS. It can be very helpful. From left to right is my mother, Carol, Elaina, me and my sister, Annie hiking at the Grand Canyon.

~My doctor really helps me stay down to earth. I don't always like him, he can be pretty arrogant, but at the end of the day, my best interest is what he is aiming for, even when he has to tell me things I don't want to hear. He also made a couple of critical calls in my pregnancy and delivered a healthy baby for us, so he will always be important to me and my family!

~My wonderful friend, Kristi, who also suffers from PCOS is the ear I can bend whenever I am in need. She understands 100%. Having someone who knows my experiences is more valuable than I could ever imagine. She is always there to throw ideas off of or talk about her own experiences or listen to mine. I really feel she has helped with my coping with PCOS more than anyone else. This is me with Kristi (on the right) at my wedding! I stole this picture from her!
Read her blog: http://myjourneythroughhormonalhell.blogspot.com/

~My mother-in-law, Colleen, also likely suffered from PCOS. She dealt with fertility issues and has been a great inspiration as she has lost over 100 lbs and kept it off. Colleen and Elaina at a lake in Montana. She looks great!

So, the next time you are struggling to remain positive, just write a quick list of the people in your life that are there for you and how they can help you succeed!

3 comments:

  1. Love this blog and what nice things you always say about people; I'm honored to appear and honored to be your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Thanks! I am so glad you are in my life too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy, I just read through this all for the first time. It brought me to tears. I'm so sorry you have to struggle with everything you do. We're SO proud of you. Keep up the good fight! I know it's a hard time to keep up a positive attitude, but if you can do it now, you can do it anytime!!

    ReplyDelete