Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

There Are Times That Things DO Go Right!

For the first time in years, my body feels normal.  I mean completely normal.  I feel A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  Sharing this is so important to me because I know how bad it feels to wake up every morning more frustrated than the day before.

A couple years ago I wrote about my doctor retiring.  It literally sent me into a spiral as my new doctor just wasn't as aggressive with the PCOS as my body needed him to be.  After a few problems with the office staff and communication issues (not the doctor himself), I was super frustrated and went on the search for another new doctor.

I went about it differently than I had previously.  My end goal is to have another child---what do you need if you are a high risk pregnancy?  A perinatologist.  So, after talking with my sister for recommendations, I called the perinatologist's office that I had seen in another pregnancy.  I asked "Who would you recommend?"  I knew that if they made a recommendation it would be a doctor that was up on the most current research and understood the factors of high risk pregnancies.  Amazingly enough---they had just partnered with a NEW doctor who actually was practicing in their same office.

As I am making an appointment with the new doctor, the receptionist kept saying, "I really think you'll like the new doctor."  Really kind of as a broken record.  I kept thinking, "What is that about?" But then she said, "Oh yeah, we have a new office, it is in the old wing of the hospital."  She then proceeded to tell me that it was in my old, retired doctor's office.  It felt like karma.  It felt right and I hadn't even met the new doctor.

So, I made an appointment, had my records transferred and went to the new doctor.  Yikes.  It is scary seeing a new doctor---I went to so many doctors prior to being diagnosed with PCOS that I was nervous, frustrated and scared.  As we went in to the office, I see that receptionist is the same receptionist from my old, retired doctor.  Then and there I understood why she had said that I would like the new doctor---she knew me. 

I brought my mother and daughter with me to the appointment (yes, I was that nervous) and the first thing the nurse did as we went into the exam room was give me a hug and said she was sorry I had had problems at another office.  A hug.  Of course, I cried.  And she just hugged more. 

After taking down my information, she led me and my entourage to the new doctor's office, not an exam room, but his office.  There we sat down, hashed out a plan, talked about my problems and PCOS and what was not working for me.  And right there I knew.  I had hope for the first time in years that maybe someday my body might work right again.

So with that, I will say that the plan is working and for the first time in three, four, five years I truly feel great.  I am sleeping.  I am focused.  I feel like I am not starving.  It is absolutely amazing.  All the little things that my hormones had been messing with are finally coming to light. 

There is hope.  For all of you out there with PCOS, right now I can say from my heart that there is hope.  And don't ever give up.  Don't find any doctor, find YOUR doctor.  You will know.  It will all come together for you too. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Christine! Glad to have stumbled upon your blog! I was wondering if you feature guest postings. Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Hannah! I am sorry I didn't respond sooner---for some reason I didn't see your post! I would love to collaborate and feature a guest posting sometime---let's talk! Email me directly at pcosonmyterms@gmail.com!

      Delete
  2. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from PCOS, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered pcos in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of heavy menstruation, and he always have difficulty falling asleep . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to pcos . I never imagined polycystic ovary syndrome. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. polycystic ovary syndrome. has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098765@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my story

    ReplyDelete