Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Finding Motivation Where You Least Expect It...

Something happened to me almost two months ago that really changed my life...and provided me with more motivation and drive than I have ever had.  I really want to share my experience because it has literally been life changing for me.

Fighting a silent but deadly disorder like PCOS can be heartbreaking, frustrating and depressing.  It is a constant battle.  A never ending battle.  A fight that will never go away.  At times it is easy to spiral downward and think that there is no end in sight, ever. 

It is super easy to get drawn into the negative.  I mean, really, as if the weight, fertility issues, heart disease and diabetes aren't enough, "PCOSers" have to fight unusual hair growth on the face, hair loss from the head, adult acne and any other amount of physical symptoms on a daily basis. 

Over the past two years I had spiraled into that negative state.  It started when my doctor retired and I quit taking as active of a stance with my PCOS.  Even looking in the mirror was frustrating---I felt like I was started to look masculine because of all the extra hormones running through my body.  Super frustrating and super depressing.

The first thing that happened is I found a new doctor---I can't stress enough how finding the right partner for your health can make all the difference in the world.  You must demand that your health care professional care about your health and wellbeing.  If you and your doctor aren't a good match or you aren't satisfied with how things are going, don't stop looking for a new doctor until you find the right person to help you with your PCOS.  Don't ever stop.

But secondly, as silly as this sounds, I was invited to an "Online Virtual Party".  You know, like Mary Kay parties or Pampered Chef parties, but it was all online.  The host was a dance mother from my daughter's dance studio---and at first I thought, "What the heck is this?"  The product being sold was Younique makeup (and this post isn't really to promote the makeup---but at the end I will share with you how to check it out!). 

Now this is the part that shocked me to my core---I am not vain, I am not self-focused and I am not a "girly girl".  I looked at the makeup, I looked at the pictures and I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, "Maybe if I would just take care of myself better, I would feel better?"  I have skin sensitivity so I was nervous trying the makeup out without samples but was convinced by the company guarantee to refund most of my money (less restocking fees/use fees/shipping) if it didn't work out for me.

So, I participated in the online party, made a purchase and found out I loved the makeup!  I loved it so much that I have since hosted my own online Younique Virtual Party and paid the $99 startup fee to sell the products.  I love it!

But more than that, once I started feeling a little better about how I looked, I found a new motivation to work to lose weight and strive to reach my goal of having another baby.  I went to another friend who sells Advocare nutritional systems and said, "I am ready to lose this weight."  (I will be doing a review of Advocare soon---stay tuned!)  I am currently down 13 pounds and have also motivated my husband into joining me to lose weight.  We both feel great.

The moral of this story isn't to sign up to sell makeup.  It also isn't that our own natural beauty isn't enough to motivate.  The moral of this is that sometimes we find motivation in the oddest places and never know where it is going to come from.  Not only do I feel beautiful again, but I have started my own business selling Younique and feel very passionate and positive about my future.  I feel again like I will succeed at anything I put my mind too.

So don't ever give up.  Sometimes you just need to look elsewhere for motivation to break free from a rut.  Or maybe just look in the mirror and see the true beauty in yourself and know that you are worth it!

~Christine

If you are interested in checking out my business with Younique, go to www.youniqueproducts.com/ChristineBaldwin or www.facebook.com/youniquebychristinebaldwin

Younique specializes in natural based mineral pigments and other natural based skin care products. I have personally used each and every product and would be glad you tell you more about them!  Younique is a growing business and I would love to share my opportunity for personal growth with you.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Christine!
    I too found an amazing online party, only it was through a company called ItWorks! They offer all natural health/wellness/beauty products. I would love to tell you more about them, and how they can help with PCOS and the symptoms that go along with that! I can give you REAL success stories! I would really love to help you change your life and feel better when you look in the mirror at your already beautiful self!
    www.leanandgreen.myitworks.com
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article. It is absolutely amazing how you have taken PCOS and not let it bring you down. Keep it up !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is really motivational. Thanks for teh posting. Now you want the best treatment of the PCOS disease then you ca come to our clinic. Visit here: pcos treatment in India

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome article. Loves it. Now if anyone want to choose the right centre of PCOS Treatment in India, then they can easily movie tot eh clinic by choice website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just follow the given post link if anyone form you want to know all the details about PCOS Treatment in details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from PCOS, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered pcos in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of heavy menstruation, and he always have difficulty falling asleep . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to pcos . I never imagined polycystic ovary syndrome. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. polycystic ovary syndrome. has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098765@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my story

    ReplyDelete
  7. Motivational story, Thanks for sharing it with us. You can try acupuncture for pcos as it is consider as one of the best treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very helpful and so informative. csjmu bsc 3rd year result Thank you so much for sharing such a great information.

    ReplyDelete